Do you have a passion for the PR and marketing industry? Do you have experience of working in a business development role whereby you can establish new relationships, manage pipeline business and secure new business opportunities. Are you hungry to join an agency whereby you can lead the sales strategy for the business and be responsible for growing a team around you? Well, this could be for you….
On offer for the successful Business Development Manager is a competitive starting salary, generous uncapped bonus scheme, hybrid working, enhanced holidays, private healthcare and the opportunity to make the role your own and progress with the agency.
Interested? Keep reading….
We are an independent communications agency based in London. With decades of collective experience across huge in-house brands and some of Fleet Street’s biggest titles, we’ve built an agency to blend inside-out brand and media thinking to tell compelling stories that engage, educate and entertain. We help brands operating at scale build stronger emotional bonds with their audiences by telling their stories better.
We deliver brand-led Internal Comms and headline-grabbing mainstream PR by putting people in the middle of everything we do.
We’re driven by our collective obsession with what good looks like and that powers everything we do to generate gold-standard thinking, creativity, delivery and client relationships.
- Drive new business opportunities for the company
- Effectively prioritise and manage the sales pipeline (number of leads and quality meetings)
- Identifying, qualifying, and nurturing relationships with key decision makers within each organisation of our target sectors
- Actively reaching out to prospects, utilising the most appropriate tactical activity
- Keeping track of all sales activity, including senior leadership activity, on a daily basis
Be responsible for:
- Researching sectors/markets, companies, and individuals who he/she is contacting to identify key decision makers and prepare tailored approaches
Preparing briefing documents for partners and team members ahead of meetings and providing company insights
Supporting pitch preparation where needed
- Helping out with other marketing activities as required (on an ‘all hands on deck’ basis)
- Support the Senior Leadership Team on identifying and securing new business opportunities in the UK
- Liaise closely with the SLT to leverage all marketing assets created for the marketing schedule, always using them in the sales process.
- Liaise closely with the account teams over the pro-active growth of existing accounts identifying opportunities for up and cross-selling of our services.
- Implement and lead the sales management system and process.
What you’ll be doing:
- Keep updated on and consistently use research, successfully delivered projects, case studies and creds.
- Actively validate and secure quality face-to-face meetings, making cold and follow-up telephone calls supported by tailored email approaches.
- Drive engaged leads identified through the company marketing activity through the sales pipeline
- Ensure that new business activity is accurately captured and managed within the sales management system.
- Submit weekly progress reports to the
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the new business activity.
- If the SLT are unable to, attend networking and industry events.
- Make proactive recommendations to improve business development processes (i.e. specific processes we should be adopting, identifying opportunities through new routes, as they emerge)
Here’s some stuff you’ll need:
- A proven track-record of being responsible for new business development through activities as outlined above.
- Preference will be given to those with experience of working in a corporate communications or similar with knowledge of the sector
- Knowledge of communications professional services and corporate brand.
- Good understanding of new business strategy and plans in a consultancy environment, with particular reference to the activities described above.
- Well organised and efficient in their time management
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to research and analyse market sectors and companies.
- Database management
- Ability to measure and assess results of new business activities.
- Sales management system experience would be an advantage.
What you’ll get from us:
- We will invest in you. We will believe in you. We will have your back. We will support you. We want you to be a part of our long-term future.
- Competitive salary with uncapped earning potential
- Hybrid working
- 25 days A/L + Bank holidays + Xmas shutdown
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Private healthcare as a benefit in kind
- Your birthday off
- Refer-a-friend bonus for anyone you know who you bring into the business
What are you waiting for?
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.