Are you looking for a career within social media management in an agency environment where you’ll be working across various B2B brands? Do you have an interest in all things tech? Want to take your career to the next level? Look no further, this role is for you!
This well-established PR agency has big ambitions, they currently work some exciting tech, data and sustainability clients. Due to a combination of growth in existing client accounts and successful new business wins, we’re looking for a Junior Social Media Manager, with a great eye for detail, an interest in technology and who’s passionate about delivering client services excellence to join their team.
In return, you’ll benefit from working at a company where you’re more than just a number, you’re a member of the family. On offer for the successful Junior Social Media Manager is a competitive starting salary, career progression into Social Media Manager within 6 months and flexible hybrid working is offered however you may want to work in the company’s shiny new office in Tunbridge Wells.
We are an award-winning PR, social media and creative content marketing agency based in Tunbridge Wells, Kent. We’re on the hunt for an ambitious, committed, and passionate Junior Social Media Manager to join our growing team.
As a B2B tech agency, we support clients working across several key technology disciplines including AI, data centres, software systems, renewables, and sustainable technologies.
We’re a purpose and results-driven organisation that loves to be part of the transformation process. It’s about supporting a cause bigger than ourselves, using award-winning PR, social media, and content marketing to deliver transformative outcomes for our clients.
We truly believe hard work beats talent and are looking for ambitious, committed, and driven communications professionals who want to hone their craft in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
About the role:
Our Junior Social Media Manager will assist in guiding clients and team members, and will work alongside senior members of our PR, content marketing, and creative teams to deliver multi discipline campaigns for technology clients in the UK and Europe.
From writing thoughtful leadership posts and supporting key executives, to curating and scheduling organic social media content, our junior social media managers help customers to increase awareness, improve reach and drive engagement on key social platforms. Some experience in paid media is also required as we build new campaigns and help diversify client platforms.
The role presents a key opportunity for an experienced social media executive to progress their career. It typically involves assisting in social media strategy, as well as helping to lead the team to develop and execute strategic campaigns. Junior Social Media Managers are also required to oversee the production of high-quality content and deliver customer service excellence.
What you’ll be doing:
- To create engaging content for multiple social media channels, leveraging blogs, articles, and creative content.
- To develop social media strategies and set goals that increase brand awareness, reach and engagement.
- To stay up to date with the latest social media trends and digital technologies and develop regular reports on emerging trends.
- To develop and oversee organic and paid campaigns to drive awareness of our customers’ brands.
- To set measurable goals for campaigns and report back to demonstrate Return on Investment (ROI).
- To manage clients’ organic social media presence across LinkedIn and X, and support with Instagram and Threads as we build-out new services.
- To strictly manage and monitor client advertising spend and creative budgets.
- To plan and manage scheduling via tools like Buffer.
- To be responsible for community management, and to monitor and respond to customer feedback, comments and engagements.
What you’ll need:
- Organic social media: A clear understanding of how to use Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook to drive client awareness. Paid social media experience is also welcomed.
- English language fluency: You need to have excellent written and spoken English.
- Creative copywriting skills: You need to be hot on copy-editing, spelling, grammar, and proof-reading, as well as have a creative flair for producing engaging content with a tech-twist.
- Storytelling: For our client’s business executives, thought leadership and storytelling is a must, helping to establish tone of voice, convey expertise and technical understanding is critical to their success.
- Data analysis and insights: An understanding of social media algorithms, targeting, web traffic metrics and the effect of keywords on search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Strategy and Planning: You need to have the ability to think strategically and creatively to plan effective marketing campaigns.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Whether it’s over the phone, by email or in person, we’re all about people, so you need to be approachable, friendly, and empathetic. You should be able to relate to people on different levels within the agency, with clients and with the media.
- Timekeeping: You will often be working to tight media deadlines as well as meeting the demands and pressures of both your team and clients, so you need to be able to work quickly and efficiently, without compromising on quality.
- Leadership: You need the ability to lead and successfully manage a team.
- Clear Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills for articulating ideas to colleagues and clients, creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas.
- Strong organisational skills: With the ability to prioritise and work across multiple projects, working well under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Customer service; As a key team member, you will ensure high standards of service are consistently delivered to all clients.
- A relevant graduate or undergraduate degree in PR, marketing, journalism, or English is welcomed, but is not required to apply for this role.
- Qualifications from the PRCA, Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR), or Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) are also welcomed.
- Experience writing social media content and managing brand profiles.
- Experience in managing social media campaigns and reporting on results
- Experience with social media scheduling tools welcomed, but not essential
- Some experience either in an agency or in-house is also welcomed
What’s in it for you:
- Health insurance package upon successful completion of probation.
- 50% off Pure, Virgin Active or Nuffield Health Gyms
- Hybrid working environment – we permanently offer a policy that encourages our team to mix work from home and office-based working days
- Personal development and opportunities to attend training courses
- Up-to five weeks paid paternity leave for new Dads
- 20 days annual leave, plus Christmas Eve to January 2nd off each year at the Directors discretion
- Regular team meals and team days
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.